Pages

Friday, 3 January 2014

Meet the Youngest Elvis




Hi, I am Gemma-Rose. I am the youngest Elvis. I am 9 nearly ten and I am a runner. A few times a week Mum, Imogen, Charlotte, Sophie and I go for a run down the bush tracks at the end of our road. Mum by far is the best runner but we all do our best to keep up.

Like Mum, Imogen, Charlotte and Sophie I like to do NaNoWriMo. My favourite kind of novel is fantasy. I have won NaNoWriMo three times and I am probably going to try again this year.

But the thing that all of the Elvis girls can do is blog. We all have our own blogs. Mum has several. This blog will be the best though because we are all contributing.

I can’t draw as well as Charlotte or Felicity but I try. All the people in my pictures look a bit wooden but they satisfy me and that is the main thing.

I can also play the piano and sing. One day I am going to sing in the choir and sing the psalm like Imogen. I want to do piano exams too.

As well as writing, one of my favourite things to do is read. I can never read enough books. I read all kinds of books but my favourite kind is fantasy and adventure. I also like reading Mum’s Angels of Abbey Creek stories. They are great.

Imogen, Sophie and I like to cook. I like cooking pikelets, peach crumbles and microwave chocolate puddings.

I love being an Elvis homeschooling girl.




8 comments :

  1. Hi Gemma-Rose, I like your dragon picture. My 10-year old daughter liked it too, and commented that she wouldn't have been able to capture the perspective of the dragon's wing as well as you have.

    I'm looking forward to following the Elvis girls' new blog. (I hope your mum doesn't mind me referring to her as a girl!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucinda,
      Thank you!
      Mum doesn't mind being called a girl.
      I can't wait to see what everybody else is going to write on this blog!
      Gemma-Rose

      Delete
  2. Hi Gemma-Rose,

    Your picture of the dragon looks really great! I especially like the smoke coming from the dragon's mouth! :)
    I like cooking too, microwave chocolate puddings are delicious!

    -Beth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bethany,
      Thank you.
      The dragon is one of my best pictures.
      Gemma-Rose

      Delete
  3. Gemma-Rose, you wrote a beautiful introductory post! I am so excited about this new blog, and about getting to know each one of you better.

    I am a big reader too, and when I was your age I was ALWAYS reading. I only had one sister, much older than I, so I loved to read stories about wonderful big families like your own. I liked to go to the library and gather books on all sorts of subjects. I wonder if you love libraries as much as I do:)????

    I am in the USA, and I look forward to reading about your adventures in beautiful Australia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy,
      Thank you,
      We love going to the library. We borrow so many books that I'm surprised the library has any left!
      Gemma-Rose

      Delete
  4. Hi Gemma-Rose, I think you already know me a little ;) Isn't it a great idea to have a family blog, I think you've all gotten off to a terrific start and I hope it continues.
    Having seen your drawings and heard you sing I know you possess God given talent that will progress in time. God is so good to give us talents to share with others and glorify Him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gemma-Rose! Your photo looks so beautiful! Thank you for writing in introduction to you! I don't think I could draw as well as you when I was your age, so just imagine how magical your art will be when you're as old as me! I used to draw mostly horses... I was a little obsessed, I think. Oh, and I went through a phase where all I drew was mermaids, even though I lived a very long way away from the beach!

    I hope to see many more posts from you. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete