Pages

Thursday, 2 January 2014

Why This is Not a Normal Blog






“Girls, do you think everyone will be groaning because we've created yet another blog?” I ask my daughters.

“Everyone will sigh and say, ‘Oh no! Another new blog. More posts to read. More comments to write. Just what we needed!” says Imogen.

“Just what we didn’t need!” corrects Gemma-Rose.

But I have an idea. “I’ll write a post and reassure everyone that this is not a normal blog. I’ll tell everyone that this is a blog without all the usual commitments.”

So that’s what I’m doing.

Dear readers, if you’d like to follow or subscribe to our Mother, Daughters, Sisters blog, we’d love to share our new adventure with you. But don’t feel you have to read all our posts all the time.

And if you do hop over to see what’s happening around here, you can creep in and creep out without leaving a single footprint (or word). It’s fine with us. Though of course we shall smile (very widely) if we do see a comment.

Or if you want a quick way to say,  “I liked that post” or “That was funny!”, you could click on one of the reaction boxes at the end of the post (if I can get them to work). I don’t think I’ll bother with a ‘dislike’ reaction. Just think if everyone clicked onto that. We might get discouraged.

Or maybe I could be very clever and install a ‘like’ button connected to Facebook. That’s always assuming we post anything that deserves a ‘like’.

Does that sound okay with you?

“What if no one reads our posts?” asks Sophie.

“We always have each other.”

That’s the advantage in sharing a blog with a number of people. It’ll never get lonely around here.

“Okay, who’s writing the next post?" I ask. "I’ve written two in a row."

The girls look at each other. Imogen? Charlotte? Sophie? Gemma-Rose? Who is up next? Could it be Felicity? (I wonder if she received my invitation to be a blog author.)

Perhaps you'd like to come back later to find out who wrote post number 3.

And if you don't... that's okay. No pressure!




Here's something else that's not normal. A dog wearing glasses?



6 comments :

  1. ARE YOU KIDDING?!?!? ..."Groaning?!?" I'll bet I'm one of many who are positively giddy about this. Your blogs bring constant smiles, and I always read your posts whether or not I have time at any particular moment to leave a comment. What a perfect new year's gift :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy,

      Would you like a job promoting our blogs? My! I don't think you could have written a kinder comment. You have this wonderful knack of making us feel so good. Constant smiles? You bring constant smiles to everyone's faces after we read your comments. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Hey, God didn't bless you ladies with the ability to write for nothing!! I have gleaned so very much from what you have shared. Just knowing that I am not alone in a lifestyle that is counter cultural is plenty enough. Then add in humor, wisdom, insight and experience and......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle,

      I was thinking only this morning that writing is a great gift. We learn so much about ourselves when we write, and then being able to share our words with other people... Felicity and I grew away from each other during her time at the convent. It was a painful experience in many ways. Then we didn't seem to be able to regain what we had when she returned home. But since we have been writing and sharing with each other, we have come to understand each other better. Sometimes we can say things in written words better than in spoken ones. I think my younger children are also getting an inside view into my life and thoughts by reading my posts. And then there's sharing with friends too. I love making friends through writing.

      But writing is only part of blogging. I sometimes think of posts as the beginning of the conversation. It' the discussions afterwards where everyone can share that are the most interesting.

      Thank you for so much for your kind words and for always being so willing to stop and chat. God bless!

      Delete
  3. Oh What Fun! Try and keep me away...!

    Perhaps I for one can make a reciprocal deal with you ladies, that if I leave a comment you don't ever have to reply, or if you feel inspired to do so, you can do so completely in your own time? Pressure-free blogging - sounds good to me!

    I'm really looking forward to reading along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucinda,

      Sometimes I think I will have to give up blogging because at times I can't seem to keep up with commenting. It seems such a shame we can't just relax and enjoy posts when time is short. But we can when friends are understanding! Thank you for your reciprocal deal. It does take the pressure off, though I probably won't be able to resist chatting to you even if I am in a hurry!

      Delete