Pages

Sunday, 5 January 2014

Winner of the Craigie Idol!

Hi everyone! I am back after a fun night of karaokeing. That's... not really a word, is it?! Anyway, Mum suggested that I record me singing. I thought of doing it at home, but the opportunity came up at the pub itself, so I handed Graham my phone and asked him to film away!

There really isn't much meat to this post, except for me to apologise for the horrendous quality of the video. My phone was not meant for high quality video capture! I hope people enjoy seeing what I actually look like, from an angle I didn't get to pick, and to hear what I sound like. Believe me when I say my sisters' sound so much better than me!

If you ever find yourself in the region of the Craigie Tavern in WA on a Saturday night, get in touch with me! I'll most probably be there, cradling a lemon lime and bitters and enjoying singing my lungs out. It's nice to share music together!

7 comments :

  1. Felicity, what FUN! I really enjoyed this, VERY much, and if I'd known of you when I was in Perth, I would definitely have come by to hear you and join in the merriment. Of course, at that time you were a toddler on the other side of the continent, so I suppose now we'd have to arrange a minor bit of time travel. Just a teeny weeny itty bitty glitch in my wishes.....

    I'm so glad to be getting to know you, and I'm sure I echo many readers in this sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm imagining you building a time travel machine for the sole purpose of joining me at karaoke, and it is making me giggle. Thank you! It was a lovely night, and I'm glad I can share 3 minutes of it with everyone online!

      Delete
  2. Fliq,
    That was amazing! I really enjoyed watching. You should post more!
    I love this blog. It is totally awesome! I am totally envious of all your sisters and you. I only have one sisters!
    -Steph

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steph! I couldn't imagine such a small family. Only one sister? I hope you have a lovely relationship with her, so it makes up for in quality what you haven't got in quantity.

      I am so glad you are enjoying this blog! So am I!

      Delete
  3. Felicity,

    My very first glimpse into the world of karaoke! Thank you so much for sharing your video. You always could sing! You looked like you were enjoying yourself immensely, and I enjoyed listening. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mum! It was a really good evening of karaoke all round, actually. There was a good crowd of well-behaved happy people there and we had some awesome singers perform - as well as some who simply had so much fun that it was infectious, no matter what their voices were like!

      Delete
  4. I really enjoyed watching and listening - thank you! I think I'm one of the people who simply has infectious fun ;-) But you could be a professional entertainer!

    ReplyDelete