Pages

Saturday, 1 March 2014

A Nature Walk: Around Our Garden in the Rain





Elisa, of Elisa Loves, invited me to take a nature walk so I did, even though it was raining.

The rain has been falling for the past few days which isn't so good for nature walks, but it's wonderful for the farmers, so I'm not complaining. Much of our state is drought affected so every drop of water is very welcome.

Today it was absolutely pouring down but that didn't stop me from grabbing my camera and heading outside to see if I could find some nature worth photographing. I took an umbrella which I balanced on my shoulder and managed to stay relatively dry.

I strolled around the garden looking for interesting plants and flowers and raindrops. Then I hurried back inside to upload my photos to my computer. After looking at them, and sighing a little with frustration, I went back outside and had another try. Actually I ended up going on three nature walks before I was satisfied I had something worth sharing.

I'm still learning how to use my DSLR camera on manual mode so my photos aren't perfect, but it's all good practise. One day I will work it all out!

I put the photos into a slideshow, together with some music, and now I am ready to share my walk.

So come with me... We're about to take a stroll around the Elvis family garden on the first day of autumn. Don't forget your umbrella!

And if you haven't got time for a leisurely stroll, I won't mind a bit if you click quickly through my photos instead.





Music: Nothing Lasts Forever by Kai Engel, (CC BY-NC 3.0)

PS: Elisa had an inside nature walk this week. You should see the view from her windows. Wow! I can't imagine living where there is so much snow. Go take a look!


6 comments :

  1. Stunning! Watched your slideshow twice... going for a third time round. Again: stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy,

      Three times? You are kind. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. I do so love the rain and there just hasn't been enough this year. Loved your slideshow, I think your camera skills are marvellous and inspiring me to try to get to know our dslr too. The music was a beautiful choice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly,

      The rain is so refreshing. I love how it drips off the rocks in our cutting for days afterwards. We needed the rain too.

      It is very encouraging when I discover I've taken an acceptable photo. You should see the number of rejects though! I'm enjoying learning how to use the camera. I'm looking forward to seeing your photos!

      I found the music on the website Free Music Archive under the tag classical, ambient. Glad you liked it.

      Thank you for watching my slideshow!

      Delete
  3. Sue!!! I LOOOOVE your photos!! Wow. They are soo beautiful. I could look at them all day long. Thank you so much for sharing. If you post photos like this every week, you will help me not be so tired of the snow. =)

    PS: I also totally LOVE the blog banner with the cartoon faces. It's awesome. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elisa,

    You take such exquisite photos so your comment made me feel so good. Elisa likes my photos! Hey, that thought made me smile.

    I am already thinking about my next nature walk. When I've got my camera in my hand I see the world so differently. I notice all kinds of things. Thank you so much for your invitation to join you. Can't wait to go for another walk. I'm hoping the weather will be a bit better this week so my girls will feel like coming with me. No one wanted to walk in the rain!

    Felicity got someone to draw the banner image. I'm pleased it looks good!

    ReplyDelete